The Criss-Cross hat:
The Chunky Beanie:
The Dashing Through the Snow hat:
Even more exciting than the baby hats, though, are the socks for my beau! I finished his TARDIS socks! They're knit mostly out of Malabrigo Sock in Impressionist Sky, and I loved working with this yarn!
I also finished Nora's legwarmers, but totally forgot to take a photo, so I'll try to include one next week.
So those are off the needles. Still in progress - but without photos because they look almost the same as last week - I have my stripey socks, Mum's Moonlight shawl, and Tara's shawl.
And because it feels wrong to have just one pair of socks on the needles, I started my Cherry Sour socks (named for the yarn, not the pattern). I'm trying the Fish Lips Kiss Heel again, and it looks better this time. It turns out that I've been wrapping the yarn wrong for my purl stitches since, well, always. I think that's why the first pair looked wonky. Here's what they look like so far:
I'm debating starting a new pair of armwarmers, but I feel like I should finish some of these other things first. Maybe I'll let myself cast on once I finish a pair of socks.
Where does that leave me in terms of my goals? Not too bad!
- I want to finish my beau's socks by Sept 14, which is the next time I'll get to see him face to face. DONE!
- I want to finish Mum's shawl by Sept 30, because then I can enter it into the My Sister's Knitter's KAL on Ravelry. WORKING ON IT
- I want to finish my stripey socks by Sept 30 to keep on track for the 26 Pair Plunge. ABOUT TO TURN THE HEELS
- I want to finish Tara's shawl by Oct 18, so I can send it to her without extra postage costs. MAYBE BE ADJUSTED TO DECEMBER...
- I want to start and finish the legwarmers by Sept 30, so I can get credit for my HPKCHC class. DONE! Just need to post them.
- NEW: Finish Cherry Sour socks by Sept 14, to keep on track with the 26 Pair Plunge and then let myself cast on some armwarmers.
And that's what's going on in my craft world!