Except that I bought more yarn today. But it was on sale! Sugar and Cream cotton for only $0.97! I got five balls. But that will all get used up for Christmas presents (I hope).
I also got my yarn for the Knitting Samurai Plus 1 knit-along! It's from Inspiration Dyeworks, and it's soooo pretty!
I do have a couple of finished objects this week. First, I finished my Cherry Sour socks:
These are my personal vanilla with a 4x2 rib and a Fish Lips Kiss heel, knit out of Patons Stretch Sock in Cherry Sours on US 3 needles. I used my Clover Takumi double-pointed needles. I love the way they look, but they're just a little bit too big for my tiny foot. I only cast on 48 sts, but they didn't work out. I think it might be because of the stretchiness of the yarn. I'm going to try the same formula with some less-stretchy yarn, and see how that works. Luckily, both my mum and my sister have feet just slightly bigger than mine, so one of them will be getting some socks!
I also cast on and finished this little guy:
He's knit out of Knit One, Crochet Too's Babyboo, leftover from my iPad cover a few years ago, on US 4 needles. I used my Clover Takumi dpns - I think I prefer using bamboo or wood these days. He's based on a free pattern I found on Ravelry for The Lorax, by Rachel Gallegher-Miller. He's destined to be a birthday present for a first birthday party this coming weekend.
What else am I working on? I'm glad you asked!
I started my handwarmers for the Knitting Samurai Plus 1 podcast knit-along. If you don't watch it, you should go check it out! http://knittingsamuraiplus1.blogspot.com
This is a variation on my usual handwarmers - cast on 36 sts on US 3, knit a bit of 2x2 ribbing, knit until I like the length, cast on extra stitches for the thumb hole, then decrease gradually to the wrist, and end with some more ribbing. Because of the circulation problems in my left hand, I'm supposed to wear gloves to keep my hand warm and keep the blood flow optimal. And because I knit, I'm always working on new handwarmers. Most of them are pretty plain so far, but now that I've got a good stock built up, I feel like I can get more complicated.
I cast on for a baby sweater yesterday, because I felt like the monster alone wasn't going to be enough of a gift, so I'm rushing to get that finished by Thursday night. And if you're observant, you might recall that I said the party is this weekend. It is. It's on Saturday. But I'm also baking the cake for the party, and that's going to be... Big. There will be photos next week, because I'm not sure if the cake is supposed to be a surprise. But suffice to say, there will be at least 12 layers baked on Friday night, frosted on Saturday morning, and assembled Saturday afternoon. And it's going to be AWESOME! There is no sweater photo, because I'm too busy knitting it to find a place to lay it out, make it pretty, photograph it, crop, and upload. And I'm lazy.
I'm also still working on Mum's Moonlight Shawl. I decided to make it a bit more fancy, and have added seed beads to the garter stitch rows, and so far, I really like the look, even if it is a bit of a pain to work with. I think it's going to be worth the trouble.
And Tara's Shawl is still getting some love, though only at work on my lunch breaks.
I've turned the heels on the stripey socks, and decided to give them away. I'm about halfway down the foot (these are top-down instead of my preferred toe-up), and I need to get the recipient's foot length before I go much further.
I thought that I had a photo of Nora's legwarmers on my Photo Stream, but I guess I was wrong. I'll try to get that for next week!
Whew! That was a lot. Hope you enjoyed seeing what I'm working on!