Thursday, January 16, 2014

Testing, testing!

This past week, I participated in a test crochet for Owl Luv Crochet on Ravelry. The pattern has been released as "Cute Creatures Hooded Sweater" by Paula M. I made an owl in the 12-18 month size, using Red Heart Super Saver. It might not be the softest yarn, or the schmanciest, but it works well for a kids' sweater that needs to be machine washable. I think it turned out adorable, and I'll be sending it off for my niece this weekend. 


Tonight, I finished sewing a project bag for myself. It's long and skinny, but I think it's going to work for several projects I've  got in mind. It took less than two hours, and I've already figured out a few things that I will change for the next one I make. I've already got the fabric and zippers - just need more time!


WIPs:

I'm working on a pair of socks for myself. I turned the heel of the first one last night while waiting for my cookies to bake, and I should have time to finish the first sock this weekend, and maybe start on the second. 

I'm also working on a secret project for BatGirl and Sir Fox (my friend's kids), but I won't say any more until the gifts are given. 

With all the upcoming baby showers at work, I've started on a yellow baby blanket. I've got plans for three more. Sigh. 

And I'm still working on Tara's shawl and Paul's scarf... They're on my list of 2014 goals!

So I've got lots to keep me busy! But I love it. I hate just sitting still.


No comments:

Post a Comment