Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Well. I dropped the blogging ball, didn't I?

Hello again!  It's been more than two months since I last blogged - oops.  Although I can't say I'm surprised.  Would you like to hear my excuses?  It's quite simple.  My family came to visit in October, and I wanted to spend time with them, rather than at the computer. In November, I participated in (and won!) NaNoWriMo for the tenth consecutive year, which meant that my evenings and weekends were spent writing instead of knitting.  I also had a conference to attend for work, which kept me away from both writing and knitting for the better part of a week.  And December? The first part was spent recovering from November! And then I spent nearly two weeks back home with my family.  

Most of the knitting and crafting that I did during these months was for gifts, so I couldn't have posted them anyways - I'm never sure who's going to be reading this, and I'd hate to ruin a surprise.

But it's a new year, and I'm back at it!  And because it's a new year, I'd like to take a moment to review 2013 in crafting.  Last year, I made a lot of stuff.  A lot.  The projects included:
- 10 pairs of socks 
- 3 Drizzle hats (pattern by mskiknits, available on Ravelry)
- 2 matching Christmas sweaters for my nieces
- 5 other hats
- 8 baby blankets
- 9 sets of handwarmers
- a sweater and a tank top for myself
- a Cornish Pixie
- a shawl for my mum
- 2 scarves
- 2 mug cozies
- 16 tiny baby bunnies
- 5 necklaces
- 2 pairs of baby booties
- a picnic blanket
- a cute ugly monster

Wow.  That's a lot.  I have 57 completed project pages on Ravelry for 2013.  I still have 9 WIPs hanging out there, too, and I'm hoping to get through several of those before the end of this year.  I've joined a few KALs this month to work on reducing the stash and WIP pile, so expect to see more FOs in the next few weeks.

And speaking of FOs, here's my first of the year:


These are my Christmas socks, using my own vanilla sock pattern and the Fish Lips Kiss Heel.  They're knit from Never Enough Thyme's SW Merino/Cashmere/Nylon in Starlite Mint.  It was my first time trying a different colored toe, heel, and cuff, and I'm quite pleased with the results!

I also finished this:


This is my second-ever handspun yarn.  It's a single, 1 oz, approx 30 yards, spun from La Tea Da Designs' Golden Browne Alpacas Yuki.  I LOVE suspended spindling! I've already started on another ounce, and I can't wait to get more fibre.

I think I'll hold off until next week for my 2014 goals, but I can tell you that I've got a lot... But given what I accomplished in 2013, I'm sure I can do it!

Until next week, make more stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment