Monday, September 12, 2011

Half a set of legwarmers

Hello all!  It's been a crazy weekend full of traveling, but I managed to get some crafting done on the plane.  I made the first of a pair of baby legwarmers for my niece.  I used Serenity Garden Yarn from the Deborah Norville Collection of Premier Yarns.  It's a dralon microfibre yarn, and it's super-soft.  The color is called "Roses," and it fades from brown to bright pink to pale pink and back again.

I made up the pattern myself - the upper cuff is 38 rows of 5 sc through the back loop, then joined.  Then I did a single round of sc all the way around (40 st), then 19 more rows of a pattern stitch, one row with two decreases, five rows of pattern, one row with two decreases, then about 20 more rows of pattern.  (This is to remind me when I start working on the second one!)

Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment