Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I can't think of a clever title.

I've made so much stuff this week! Of course, none of it was from my pile of old projects...

I started and finished a new pair of pink handwarmers, so I finally have some to coordinate with my pink clothes! They're knit from a self-striping sock yarn, Premier Yarns Serenity Sock from the Deborah Norville collection in Pink Sugar. 

I also started and finished a pair of socks for Karen!  I used Premier Yarns Wool-Free Sock in Vegas Lights. Karen hasn't seen them in person yet, but she loved the pic so much that she's asked for matching socks for the little ones. I've started the first pair, but I'm waiting on a few measurements before I can finish (hint, hint).

I don't have any photos of them, but I also crocheted two water bottle carriers to take to the Renaissance Festival this past weekend. I knew from past experience that it's hot there, and that I'd need to stay hydrated, but I really don't like carrying a water bottle in my hand when I'm wandering around and potentially shopping. I made these from Sugar & Cream cotton in various colours (leftovers from past projects), and each one took about an hour. One of the friends who came along had requested one of his own for next year - in a manlier color. 

Finally, I started a new project for me. It's a tank top from the current edition of Knit Simple magazine (but I don't remember what it's called, and I'm too lazy to go find it). I'm using Paton's Grace in Azure, and I'm very excited about it! It's been a while since I've made myself a knit top. 

So that's what I've been up to this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment