Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Weekly Update

Another week, another round of updates! So what have I been up to? Lots and lots and lots of knitting! Yesterday, I worked on four - that's right, FOUR - different projects!  I knit Jonathan's socks at lunch, worked on my tank while I was watching Ringer on Netflix, did several rows on Wendy's baby blanket while watching a knitting podcast, and whipped out a baby gift for Shawn and Becca while watching a movie. What can I say? It was a dreary, rainy day, perfect for knitting. 

So what have I finished this week?
This is the gift for Shawn and Becca - a newborn cocoon, made from Plymouth Yarn's Heaven in color 2, a light pink with white trim. She's due in about a month, so if I put it in the mail soon, she should get it on time. 

Socks for baby! These are from the same Premier Yarn Wool-Free Sock in Vegas Lights that I used for my sister and my other niece. 

Here's all three together:
How cute is that??

I've got a bunch of stuff in progress, of course. I'm still working on Wendy's baby blanket, and still not taking photos because she wants it to be a surprise. I'm up to 135/260 rows, so just past the halfway point. I'll keep on with that, and once it's done, I'll be sure to take some photos to post once we have her baby shower and I don't have to keep it a secret anymore. 

I've been working on Jonathan's socks during my lunch breaks, and I'm probably about a third of the way down the foot. They look huge, but I can't tell if that's just because I'm comparing them to my tiny fairy feet. 

I'm also still working on my tank. I'm done with the skirted portion, and the ribbed waistband, and I'm on to the top part of the bodice. I've finished about 2.5" of the seed stitch, and have another 2.5" until it's time to start shaping the armholes. It looks like I might actually get this done before summer is over!

Finally, I cast on another new project, although this one is definitely going to be a long-term. It's a sock yarn blanket, to use up the ends after I've finished socks. I'm using Martine Ellis's Knitted Patchwork Recipe, which can be found on Ravelry (I can't make my link work today, sorry). I figure it seems like a good idea since I'm doing the 26PP, right?

So that's what I've been up to this past week. I've gotta say, this whole blogging thing is definitely prompting me to get things done - I feel guilty if I don't have something new to show! 

No comments:

Post a Comment