Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June is halfway done!

Time sure flies, doesn't it? Especially when you're busy!

This past weekend, I did my first 5k. There were a bunch of us from my office, and it was cool. True, I mostly walked, but I finished in under an hour, and I was walking on a sprained foot - so not too bad! I'm not sure if I'll be doing it again any time soon... But it was a fun experience. 

In crafting news, I've got three things currently in progress. I'm still working on my tank top, and I'm up to the waistband section. 

I started Wendy's baby blanket this weekend, and I'm on row 85 of 260. She wants to be surprised by the end result, so I won't be posting pics until after her baby shower, which should be soon - she looks like she's ready to be done.  

I also ripped out and restarted Jonathan's socks. I realized after I had finished the first part of the toe that I had forgotten to do an important part of the math to make sure they would fit, so they were going to be way too big. I restarted tonight, and hopefully it will go better this time around. 

I don't have any finished projects this week, but maybe I will next time. 

Oh, and did I mention I signed up for a challenge? Like a good little knitter, I'm on Ravelry, and I joined the 26PP. That's the 26 pair plunge - the goal is to knit 26 pairs of socks in one year, beginning on July 1. I've really been enjoying socks lately, and this should force me to use up some more of my stash :)

One of these days, I'll do something besides knit... But I've got so many things to make! Also? Everyone is getting socks for Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment