Wednesday, May 1, 2013

We're BA-ACK!!!


We're ba-ack!  Wow, it's been an awfully long time since either of us has posted here. Although, to be fair, we've been busy. I moved, and Karen had a couple of babies (yes, she has a better excuse than me!).

That is very true - since we were last around, I now have an almost 2 year old and an almost 2 week old.  Life is sure crazy for both of us, but it's time to get back into CRAFTING MODE! With the introduction of Pinterest - I have been so motivated to do more projects around the house and bringing our little ol' blog back to life will help me ensure that I actually get some of this crafting done.  AND we are also in the process of opening our online store that will showcase our superfun projects such as tutu's, hats, jewelry, headbands and more!!

While it sucks for us to be located in two different countries, it's probably going to be great news for a lot of people who want to order stuff from us! We see each other a few times a year, and we'll keep a stash of each other's creations on hand so we can ship from the US or from Canada. And it's also nice because we can get supplies that are available in one place, but not the other, without having to mess around with international shipping... Though sometimes that means waiting six months for a roll of tulle ;)

Not that I've had to do that recently... don't worry - I still love you lol.  Between the two of us - we do A LOT of crafting.  You name it; we've probably tried it.  Scrapbooking, card making, jewelry, knitting, crocheting, sewing, painting, making ornaments, headbands.... I'm sure there's more lol.  So now a bit about us.  I'm the younger sister by 3 years - and I'm the Kay of KayDeeCrafts.  K stands for Karen :) I'm married to an awesome husband who supports my crafting addiction; he even let me turn our basement into a craft lair.  We have two wonderful little girls who I hope will be as into crafting as their Mommy and Auntie - Baby A and Little Bear.  We've already done some fun projects with Little Bear and hopefully will do more soon.  We are getting ready to relocate back "home" as hubs is with the military and we've been posted to my hometown for 18 months.  I'm looking forward to being back, but sad that I will no longer be only 45 minutes away from JoAnn's and 2.5 hours away from Hobby Lobby - that's the perk of living close to the US border lol.

I'm Danielle, the Dee of KayDeeCrafts, and I'm way closer to JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby than my sister. I've got a dog instead of kids - an adorable minpin named Mia. Most of my crafting has been of the knit variety lately, but I've done a little bit of almost everything. Except quilting. I'm pretty sure that if I started to quilt, I'd have to quit my job so I could have time for all of my crafts.

So that’s us in a nutshell hope you stick around to see what we have to offer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment